Saturday, September 13, 2008

... Jedi Knights, and all the rest of y'all.

MY ROOMMATE Jon and I were talking tonight about the possibility of an earthquake and how prepared we weren't.

"I don't think we even have flashlights!" I told him.

He looked at me as though I were insane. "Flashlights? We don't have flashlights?! We have lightsabers for God's sake." He's referring, of course, to the absurdly expensive pair of LED lightsabers he had purchased a few Christmases ago for both of us.

The image of us emerging from the rubble of our respective rooms with our ignited lightsabers backlighting our faces in red and blue was enough to send us into paroxysms of laughter. Better yet, we imagined other tenants' reactions as we wandered around the complex waving our humming blades in front of us to light our way:
-
"See, Billy? I told you the Jedis would come to save us."
"Jedis! I knew we'd picked the right building, Doris!"
"Oh, everthing's under control. The Jedis are here."
-
So, yeah... I think we'll probably get some emergency water and rations and make sure we have shoes under or next to our bed... but I don't think we'll be buying flashlights.

1 comment:

Erin said...

This is awesome. I don't wish an earthquake on you, but I would love to see two dudes with light sabers emerge from dusty rubble on the news.