Thursday, September 4, 2008

... the kind of people who blog, and the kind of people who don't.

SO FAR, I've been the kind of person who doesn't. But I've been impressed and entertained reading the random blogs of others at 2am (by which I actually mean, Gina's blog). So I thought: Iiiiiiii want to provide a charming place for bleary-eyed insomniacs to entertain themselves in the wee hours while the world sleeps. So if you're reading this between the hours of 7am and midnight, you're misusing my blog. Stop the madness.

So this is it. A blog. Blog. Blooggg. What an ugly word. It looks like the phoenetic spelling of the sound one makes when they vomit. I had some bad tuna. Blog.

You probably deserve the past 45-odd seconds of your life back, but I didn't make you read this. What do you want? It's my first blog ever. I need reinforcement. Leave a comment telling me how reading this brought you spiritual enlightenment or cured your scabies. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be convincing; I don't differentiate.

4 comments:

dollgina said...

You did it! I love the theme...

Blog is such an ugly word, you could always lengthen it to weblog, but whenever I see that word, my mind changes it from web-log to we-blog (which in this case actually works quite well). :)

Nice URL too--I had to look peripatetically up and it's way too long so thank baby jesus for bookmarks and RSS, but dang. I dig it when you talk nerdy.

Again, so glad you did this! Okay to link to you?

Judith said...

Psst...Gina told me about your blog! Let's pretend I'm replying at 4:43 AM...you do know that Ostriches don't actually bury their heads in the sand, right? Unless the answers of the universe are hiding a few grains down and I've been missing that the entire time.

OatmealKing said...

I never said ostriches hide their heads in the sand, silly! I was saying that businessmen wearing sepia-colored suits do.

dollgina said...

I love that you said sepia instead of brown.